Workshop @Calverts

Recently our class was given an opportunity to visit some great design studios.My first visit was to Calverts studio which is located at Bethnal Green.
First thing that lifted up my mood on that rainy day was kind and friendly stuff,as soon as we arrived we were offered drinks and after that we arrived in the workshop room.
Room was small but cozy, table was full of different books, magazines and leaflets, which I instantly wanted to examine, so bright and pretty they looked.
Our lecturer was Arthur, one of the "Calverts" crew members.Our lecture started. First we were told about different kinds of paper, overview of print techniques and technical details. I learned a lot about coated and uncoated paper, shame on me, but on my previous works I dind't put enough consideration on paper choice. Arthur showed us different examples,made at the studio. After that we were showed different printers and were lucky enough to see the real printing process on litho printer. The end of the lecture was dedicated to possible bindings, cost, best ways to deliver your work to the studio and a lot of other interesting and useful topics. Also we were able to see examples of books printed at "Calverts", some of them were really nice and brought me some ideas for the City Project.
Overall, I really enjoyed my visit. Learned so much new, got to see the process and got inspired. Will definitely work with them in future! You can also take part in this creative presentation - the studio runs free workshops at the moment, don't hesistate and take the opportunity so you won't regret later!




13 мая 2012 г.

Отправить комментарий