"When the weather was beautiful I thought it was a waste of time to sit in front of the computer" (c)


Wow,just wow!
While I was researching on cities constructions and looking for some ideas after today's workshop with Karl at Museum of London I spotted Theo Jansen's crazy creations.



"Theo Jansen is a Dutch artist with a background in science. For the last 15 years, he has been evolving a series of wind-powered animals, made of plastic tubes. When these constructions are fed by wind, they set into motion and transmute into organic-looking creatures; or beach-animals as Jansen calls them.
Theo Jansen received the Jury's Special Price in the Interactive Art category at Ars Electronica Festival 2005."(from http://www.artificial.dk/articles/theojansen.htm )


I find his work really inspiring.He actually loves his "creatures" and puts so much effort in this.It also really great to watch artist(or should I say constructor here?) in progress,how he comes up with idea and from a scratch creates an amazing creature.These constructions remind me of kind of Postapocalyptic or Steampunk themes,with mechanic creations,battle between humans(who somehow managed to survive) and its creations.I would love to see this in real life,must be amusing.

8 мая 2012 г.

Отправить комментарий